Thursday, October 8, 2009

Health Guide #1 - Homeopath/Naturopath

Gosh, i am sick of being sick... since my 2nd pregnancy, i was down with Bronchitis, took anti-biotics cos was coughing out blood... went to take Chinese medication which really helped alot... but i was constantly down with cough and cold again after delivery... doc said that i am having sensitive nose, down with sinus, something which i didnt have before before my 2nd pregnancy... Doc said homones changes etc etc etc...
Having been taking Chinese medication since bb was 3 weeks old... cough and cold come on and off... nasal spray didnt work... moreover it has steriods in them... didnt wanna use them incase it gets into the breastmilk cos i was breastfeeding... Chinese medication helped lots... but each time as i 'almost' recover, i caught the bug again...

perhaps cos i am really tired due to lack of sleep, lack of rest, work, 2 kids in 4 years etc etc etc etc... i know something is not right... cos i am ultra forgetful... lack of energy... of course, i can blame it on my lack of exercise etc etc etc...

Then i happen to meet Dana who is a Homeopath/Naturopath while going for Young Living Essential Oils talk at her place... decided to get a consultation with her... cos i am a firm believer of natural medication...

My first consultation with Dana was GREAT! what she said makes sense... :P i am a very skeptical person (those who knows me)... Body is too acidic.. builds up the mucus etc etc etc.. and the best part of it all is that she understands and appreciate the fact that i m breastfeeding... and i would still like to breastfeed... anyhow, she recommended some supplements to me.. and i really love the fact that these are VEGAN... cos i am a strict vegetarian... she is a mother of 2 with 1 bb on the way, but she is still so energetic... :)

Have been taking the supplements & flaxseed oil for the past few days, and am feeling better... her recommendation is to rebuild my body slowly before taking further steps... baby steps initially... :)

If you have a persisting condition and would like to check out natural healing methods, Dana is the lady to look for.

check out her website at www.BalancedLivingAsia.com or contact her at +65 6762-8029. View her biography here.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to hear of the sinus problems you developed after your first pregnancy. It make me wonder, I had alot of nose blleds during my pregnancy and with my daughter just over 6 months now, I on;y need to get up in the morning without putting on something warm and i have a runny nose in minutes - literally - by the time I have changed a nappy I'm RUNNING for a tissue. I've heard good things about flaxseed and a visit to my naturopath might be just what i need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy,
    yes, i find that flaxseed oil helps with my memory... i am having very bad memory since the birth of my 2 boys... after taking for 2 weeks, i feel much much better... =)

    Cheers,
    Mummy Knows Best

    ReplyDelete