Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pregnancy Guide #4 - Tummy shows earlier during 2nd Pregnancy

First Written on 7 July 2008 on blessedmummy.wordpress.com

I was amazed at my friend's K tummy when she was 3 months preggie with her 2nd child... cos her tummy was quite big, as if she was 4 or 5 months pregnant....


Now that it's my turn, i was more amazed that my tummy started to show at 6 weeks! gosh, you can just see the tummy sticking out... and it scares the hell of me.... i didnt put on alot of weight at all... but the tummy is just getting bigger... :(


I asked around, my gynae to the salesgal at the maternity shop that i used to patronised when i was expecting Ross told me the same thing... cos after #1, your tummy is already stretched, thus future pregnancy, you will start to show earlier and this is normal and i should not panic...


BUT with the chinese belief that one should not tell others abt the pregnancy till after 1st trimester, this inconvenience is really affecting me, cos my normal working tops will have to be 'cold storaged' very very soon! only those that are stretchable can be worn... my bottoms cant be buttoned up unless i breathe in... :P


I have bought a couple of tops and 4 maternity pants... but will have to bring the pants for alteration... sighz... have gone thru the old maternity tops and bottoms... some were really worn out... some just dun like them anymore... ehhehe... but ok, wont be too many... with the GSS, makes sense to buy the pants...


To those 2nd time mummies, dun be shocked if your tummy starts showing soon after you discovered you are preggie! it's normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment